Kaliningrad Regional Museum of History and Art
Тhe Kaliningrad Regional Museum of History and Art
It was opened right after the war and is the oldest museum of the city. The museum started to collect its exhibits in 1946. The main museum building is the former town hall Stadthalle, built in Koenigsberg in 1912 by the architect Richard Seele in art nouveau. The museum displays permanent and temporary exhibitions in 11 halls. The visitors get acquainted with the nature, history and culture of the region. The museum includes separately located exhibitions, such as: the Blindage Museum (the war bunker, where Otto Lasch decided to sign the Act of Capitulation), the Museum of fighting glory “Fort № 5”, the Memorial Museum of Kristijonas Donelaitis in Chistye Prudy, Nesterovskiy district.