The building of the petty-bourgeois Council
Plekhanovskaya str., 3, Voronezh
If you are familiar with the work of the church historian, archaeographer and bibliographer E. A. Bolkhovitinov, one of the five executed leaders of the Decembrist uprising of 1825 and the author of "Duma" and "Voynarovsky" K. F. Ryleev, Russian poet, A.V. Koltsov, writer, poet, organizer and head of the circle of like-minded people, known in the history of public thought of Russia as "Stankevich's Circle", N. V. Stankevich, author of the sensational novel "Gardenins", a. i. ertel, and also wrote "pit" and "chevengun" a. p. platonov, etc., then you will like the exhibition in the building of the meshchansky council. In the halls there are rare book editions of these authors, typological interior and household items, archival documents and photographic materials, and the memorial office of A. I. Ertel was recreated. Don't miss the chance to learn more about the lives of famous writers and public figures. This is an amazing place where the beauty of nature meets the magic of history, like a magnet, attracts creative people-poets and artists.
the museum space consists of eight exhibition halls on the first floor and two expositions on the second. The tour begins in the hall "The Era of Peter the Great". It tells about the construction of the first Russian Navy in Voronezh in the late XVII – early XVIII centuries.
The hall "Folklore of the Voronezh Province" introduces the characteristic features of the peasant life of the XIX century. Of particular interest are genuine popular prints and embroidery, including those on the themes of poems by A.V. Koltsov and the issue of the "Russian Art Leaflet" of 1861 by V. F. Timm with drawings of Voronezh peasants in costumes characteristic of each district.
in the next three halls, we are talking about the life and work of alexey koltsov, where the first and only lifetime collection of poems and manuscripts of the poet is shown. The memorial office of the writer Alexander Ertel presents original furniture, documents illustrating his managerial and social activities, family photos, and personal letters.
The hall "Soon a fairy tale affects" is dedicated to the outstanding storytellers of Russia, natives of the Voronezh Province Alexander Afanasyev, Anna Baryshnikova and Anna Korolkova. On the second floor there are expositions "Osip Mandelstam in Voronezh" and "Andrey Platonov".
"Osip Mandelstam in Voronezh" shows the Voronezh stage in the life and work of the poet from June 1934 to May 1937. Here are photos of Osip Mandelstam and the personalities who made up his entourage. The showcases display books with poems by the poet – from the first collection "Stone" and "Samizdat" to modern editions, copies of manuscripts of Mandelstam's poems written by the author and his wife. Among them is an autograph dedicated to Natalia Stempel, a Voronezh friend of the poet's family. The exhibition also presents items that belonged to the Stamp: photographs, household items, a telephone notebook, a writing device. During the tour, a slide show of photos of Voronezh from the 1930s is shown. The exhibition is located in a separate hall. There is a thematic tour " Osip Mandelstam in Voronezh»
Voronezh is the hometown of the writer Andrey Platonov. Here he spent half of his life, his first poems and stories were published in Voronezh newspapers and magazines. the walking tour will start at the yubileyny sports palace, located on the territory of the former yamskaya sloboda, where the writer was born, and continue on revolution avenue. Here in the 20-ies of XX century a club of journalists "Iron feather", newspaper "Voronezh commune", Railway Polytechnic and other places historically associated with the name of Platonov. The duration of the tour is 2 hours.
The building of the petty-bourgeois council is a very large residential building of the palace type for provincial cities of the second half of the XVIII century. The house was built in the period from 1768 to 1773 by the merchant Savostyanov with a facade to the street, which was liquidated in 1774. in the late 50s of the xix century, the city duma bought the building. It housed the magistrate, the orphan and conscience courts, and the City Duma. In 1878, the building was transferred to the Petty-bourgeois Council. from 1894 to 1914, the voronezh provincial museum was opened in the left wing on the second floor of the building. After the Civil War, it housed city institutions. During the Great Patriotic War, the building was damaged by fire. In 1957, it was restored as a residential building with twelve apartments. In 1982-1984, work was carried out to adapt the building for a museum. since then, the building houses the administration and funds of the nikitin museum, as well as permanent exhibitions, literary exhibitions and events.
Often this place is called "a museum in a museum"by the townspeople. As already mentioned above, this is a very large residential building of the palace type for provincial cities of the second half of the XVIII century, the owners of which at various times were manufacturers, merchants, officials, revolutionaries, citizens and located the city Duma, military infirmary, pawnshop, provincial museum, almshouse, magistrate, and in the first floor, even then damp and dark, a military guardhouse was arranged. The building was significantly damaged twice in 1919 and 1942. Post-war history is the transformation of residential 12 rooms into a cultural institution-since 1984, the area has been occupied by the literary museum and the editorial office of the regional magazine "Rise". The first permanent exhibition was "The life and work of the poet-prasol Alexey Koltsov". At the present stage, the museum expositions are devoted to the works of A. Koltsov, the collector of fairy tales A. Afanasyev, and the writers A . Ertel and A. Platonov, O. Mandelstam.
I would like to tell you about a unique exhibit, the Magazine "Telescope", No. 6, Moscow: N. Stepanov printing house, 1835.
this exhibit entered the voronezh provincial museum in 1893. the magazine was in the library of a.v. koltsov and, without any doubt, occupied an important place there. the "telescope" was received as a gift by a.v. koltsov from v. g. belinsky with a gift inscription.