The State Museum-Preserve “Zaraysk Kremlin”
Dzerzhinskiy str. 38, Zaraysk
Phones: +7 (496) 6673072
Web site: http://museumzaraysk.ru/
One of the largest museums in the Moscow region
The Museum complex includes objects of the Zaraisk Kremlin ensemble of the XVI century, the Museum of the sculptor Anna Golubkina, the Darovoye estate – the childhood place of the great Russian writer Fyodor Dostoevsky. The permanent exhibition works in the Kremlin And the house of A. S. Golubkina.
The Museum's collection includes an archaeological section with items from the upper Paleolithic, early Slavic, and paleontological sections, a collection of fine and decorative arts. The collection of paintings includes a collection of noble portraits of the 2nd half of the XVIII-beginning. XX century, and portraits of merchants of the 1st half. XIX century, works of Russian Peredvizhniki, as well as samples of Western European painting of the XVII-XIX centuries. There is a collection of graphics that is diverse in genres, techniques, chronology and geography, and the composition of masters. The furniture is presented by products of Russian and foreign masters, made in the style of historicism.
The metal collection includes Western European products made of gilded bronze: candelabra, clocks, decorative vases, figurines of the late XVIII-XIX centuries, samples of Russian artistic cast iron casting, traditional metal vessels of Central Asian countries.
Ceramics are represented by products of the Imperial porcelain factory, the Gardner factory, products of large and small porcelain and faience factories of Russia 1 chetv. XIX century. The collection of Western European porcelain includes products of the largest manufacturers. Samples of faience products are also presented. The collection also includes porcelain products from the Far East and East Asia.
The objects of Ethnography belonging to the way of life of the peasants of the Ryazan province are presented. There is a large collection of documents, photographs and rare books, reflecting the history of the city of Zaraysk.
The Museum houses a masterpiece of primitive art-a bison figurine carved from a mammoth Tusk 22 thousand years ago. The figure, which comes from the cultural layer of the Zaraisk site, has no analogues among the known samples of Paleolithic plastic. It stands out for its high naturalism, amazing craftsmanship, artistic expressiveness and stylistic features. It bears traces of manipulations that allow us to reconstruct the ritual performed by primitive hunters to ensure a successful hunt.
The Museum in Zaraysk was founded in 1918, and since 1922 it has been located in the Kremlin. From 1936 to 2014 - in the Trinity Church. Since 2014 – in the offices of the Kremlin. Since 1998 – state. The main objects of the Museum are located in the historical part of Zaraysk – one of the two historical settlements of the Moscow region. The walls and towers of the Kremlin were built in 1528-1531 for the defense of the southern borders of the Moscow state. In the late. XIX century. the building of Offices was built, where the permanent exhibition is currently located. In 1980. on the territory adjacent to the Kremlin, the Zaraisk upper Paleolithic site was opened, which also occupies the territory of the Kremlin. The Museum of A. S. Golubkina is located in the native house of the artist, where memorial and interior expositions are presented and art and historical exhibitions are held. The Museum-estate Darovoye is located 12 km from Zaraysk in the estate acquired by F. D. Dostoevsky's parents, where he spent his childhood years. The HOMESTEAD grove, ponds, and a number of natural objects associated with Dostoevsky's stay in it have been preserved.